Sunday, May 18, 2014

It felt good to be out of the rain.


About a month ago we spent a few sun soaked days in Scottsdale. A trip to the blooming desert turned out to be just what we needed.


The night before we left I was careful to put the camera battery in the charger. And in the charger it stayed. All week long. Oops! I've never been more thankful for my trusty iPhone and my fave picture app (VSCOcam).


I'm always grateful for a change of scenery and a chance to break out of our routines for a while. We had such a sweet time with our little family and my parents. Warm sun, gorgeous cacti,exotic flowers, frequent dips in the pool, and lots and lots of good food (a vacation must-have in my book) sure did us good.


We visited a Ranch one day and the girls to take turns riding a horse. They were beyond excited and were surprisingly patient and gentle throughout the whole process.


We also had the chance to visit Butterfly World, which is essentially an indoor home to thousands of butterflies. It was so beautiful, but also a little creepy to walk around surrounded by the constant fluttering of wings!


You really can't go wrong with poolside breakfasts, spray parks, ice cream, and carousels.


And then there was this every evening. Thanks for the good time Scottsdale, we will definitely be back!

No comments:

Post a Comment