Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Picture Book Projects: Extra Yarn


Reading has always been a passion of mine, and it looks as if it will be for my children as well. Despite being displaced this summer (thanks to our remodel), we made sure to keep out a BIG bin of our favorite titles.


One of our faves is called "Extra Yarn," by Mac Barnett. After reading it for the umpteenth time the other day, my oldest daughter told me she would like to make something with yarn. I remembered these delightful little decorations from many years ago, and we decided to try our hand at making some "God's Eyes" for ourselves.


They turned out to be super easy for two six-year-olds to make and quick too! If you'd like to make a few of your own, follow me over to Playful Learning to get started...

We even made a short video! I hope it entices you to get on the floor and have some fun with your kiddos this week.



Make Something Today from Randi Edwards on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment